Community partners are key to the development, growth and success of the Boys & Girls Club of Hawaii. There are many ways to get involved at the club on a variety of different levels. If you're interested in sharing your time, talent or treasure to the club, stop in or call to inquire on how you can best contribute to our youth members.
Volunteering at the Club
At the Spalding BGCH, there are many possibilities when it comes to volunteering time and services. Read the list below to see how you can get involved at the club!
All volunteers must complete the Volunteer Application and consent to a background check.
Spalding Wish List
As a non-profit organization, many of the supplies in our clubhouse are donated. If you have an item you would like to donate, please call first to make sure there is a need for it and space for it. If we cannot use it, we'd be more than happy to coordinate with another clubhouse for your donation.
The following is a list of items that would be appreciated at our site.
- Folding White Plastic Tables
- Youth Magazine Subscriptions
- Board Games and/or Card Games
- Pool Sticks
- Markers & Colored Pencils
- Paint & Other Art Supplies
- Stainless Steel Water Bottles
- Computer/Printer Paper
- Cubbies, storage units or lockers
The Spalding Clubhouse welcomes financial donations of any size to support the programming at our clubhouse. Did you ever wonder how your donation might be used at the club?
$1 - Scholarship for a youth member to join the club
$10 - Snacks for one program activity
$20 - Gas for a field trip across the island
$50 - Art supplies for a month of programs
$100 - Scholarships for 5 youth to participate in a local 5K race
$150 - One bus for a field trip
$250 - Printed tee shirts for a small-group program
$500 - Digital SLR camera for a photography program
To make a donation online, simply follow this link and complete the form. Please be sure to specify the Spalding Clubhouse in the field marked "Please Direct My Gift Towards."
Donations are also welcome via cash or check made out to Boys & Girls Club of Hawaii. To ensure that the check goes to the Spalding Clubhouse, please specify our club on the check or in a letter.
Thank you for your generosity and support to help us continue to provide regular programming for our youth members at only $1.00 a year.
- Tutors for Power Hour (Study Time)
- Dance Instructors
- Fine Arts Instructors
- Ukulele Instructors & Piano Teachers
- Male Leaders for "Passport to Manhood" Program
- Media Assistants & Mentors for Filmmaking and Photography
- Foreign Language Instructors
- Typing Program Facilitators
- SAT Prep Program Leaders
- "Sustainable Drinking Water Project" Committee Leader
- Gardening Volunteers
- Games Room Supervisors
- Fundraiser Coordinator
- Outreach & Community Networking Coordinator
- Recycling Initiative Volunteers
- Data Entry
- Bulletin Board Designers
- Graphic Designers for Flyers & Posters
- Club Photographers
- Coaches for Team Athletics
- Laker's Reading Room Program Leaders
- Snack Bar Assistants
- Power Bank Program Leaders
- Groundskeeping, Landscaping and Custodial Services
- Ohana Night Coordinators
Watch the youth-created video to see what kinds of volunteers they need at the club!